- The design of the buildings within the university emphasizes the requirement of natural ventilation and external lighting for every building.
- The office Division of Buildings and Grounds is an environmentally friendly building design. Based on Thailand’s Green Building Standards (Thai’s Rating of Energy and Environmental Sustainability, TREES)
- The 10 specified and accredited Building Design (new buildings) for Energy Conservation from the Ministry of Energy are given bellow
- Basic Laboratory Building for Science and Agricultural Technology
- Basic Engineering Laboratory Building
– Lower Northeastern Convention and Exhibition Center Building 1
– Medical and Public Health Laboratory Building
– Food Technology and Health Laboratory Building
– Center for Medical Excellence Building
– Health Sciences and Public Health Laboratory Building
– Pathology Building and Support Services
– SIRINDHORN WITSAWAPHAT Building
– SURAWIWAT School
- 4. Building (4 buildings) that are operated according to the Green Office Standards:
- The office Division of Buildings and Grounds were certified with the Green Office Standards excellent level (Gold Medal) in the year 2015 from the Department of Environmental Quality Promotion of Thailand.
- SURAPAT Building 1 was certified with the Green Office Standards good level (Broze Medal) in the year 2016 from the Department of Environmental Quality Promotion of Thailand.
- The multipurpose building was operated according to the Green Office Standards and has an internal audit.
- Library building and educational media operated according to the Green Office Standards and conducted internal audit to implement the assessment criteria from the Department of Environmental Quality Promotion of Thailand.
- The university has appointed an energy management committee, and their duties are:
- Assess the energy usage situation of the university.
- Establish energy conservation policies and public relations.
- Evaluate the energy conservation potential.
- Recommend guidance on energy conservation to the university.
- Continuously supervise and audit.
- Received a total of 6 significant building design certification awards (for new buildings) from the Department of Alternative Development and Protection of Good Faith (DEDE), Ministry of Justice::
6.1 outstanding label for 1 building
6.2 very good label for 1 building
6.3 good label for 4 buildings
- 7. Received Thailand Energy Awards 2017 for the supporter of energy conservation and renewable energy in the category of higher educational institutions.