In the campus have food waste sorting system of canteen 6 point consisted of 1) Recycle waste sorting point 2) General waste sorting point 3) Separation of food waste point 4) Used container return point and 5) Used glass return point can gather food waste 72,000 kg./year and used as animal feed. Read more
On June 5, 2018 (World Environment Day), SUT announced the reduction of plastic use in all areas, “SUT Say No Plastic”. Six measures have been implemented with stores in Suranaree University of Technology (SUT):
- No plastic bag from the convenience stores except for carrying hot food.
- No selling drinking water with cap seal.
- No giving plastic spoon, plastic fork and plastic tube automatically, but let customers take them by themselves
- No using foam box and clear plastic box. (Only use package from bagasse and paper)
- Reduce the use of straw with plastic wrap, if necessary, use straw with paper wrap instead
- Giving discount in case of use private glass of water and rice box to buy food and drink.
Waste reduction by ECOLIFE APPLICATION or Point accumulation by QR Code when the buyer refuses to accept four types disposable plastic of plastic bags, plastic straw, plastic spoon – fork and plastic glass. The application can display the amount of plastic waste reduction at the university. The use of this application stimulates and encourages the reduction of plastic waste in the university. Read more