– Air conditioners with energy saving label 5 from the certification of Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand.
– Air conditioners not exceeding 27,297 Btu/hr must have a value indicating energy efficiency (EER) not less than 11.6.
– Air conditioners 27,296 – 40,946 Btu/hr must have a value indicating energy efficiency (EER) not less than 11.0.
– Split air conditioners with a cooling capacity greater 40,946 Btu/hr must have a coefficient of performance (COP) not less than 3.10.
– Auto Refrigerant Air Conditioner means Air Conditioner with Coefficient of Performance (COP) not less than 3.55. and is an air conditioner that uses environmentally friendly refrigerants (R-32, R410A).
The design of the buildings within the university emphasizes the requirement of natural ventilation and external lighting for every building.
The office Division of Buildings and Grounds is an environmentally friendly building design. Based on Thailand’s Green Building Standards (Thai’s Rating of Energy and Environmental Sustainability, TREES)
The 10 specified and accredited Building Design (new buildings) for Energy Conservation from the Ministry of Energy are given bellow
Basic Laboratory Building for Science and Agricultural Technology
Basic Engineering Laboratory Building
– Lower Northeastern Convention and Exhibition Center Building 1
SUT has participated in the Smart Cities – Clean Energy 2017 Project sponsored and funded by the Energy Policy and Planning Office, the Ministry of Energy, and the Thai Green Building Institute, Thailand. It designs a smart city called Surapiwat Matshimathani City which is finally awarded in the round of 16 at the annual design competition on February 22, 2017. Read more
Thailand Greenhouse Gas Management Public Organization gives the Letter of Recognition under the Low Emission Support Scheme (LESS) for all university’s efforts on GHG emission reduction specially its Integrated Solid Waste Management Plant (ISWM Plant) alone can reduce 9,872 tons CO2 eq. /year.